Thursday, August 15, 2019

Blogging Plan

This course has opened my eyes to how I can use blogging in the classroom. I was planning on blogging with my second graders this year before taking this class, however I am also going to blog this year as well!

This leads me to my blogging plan, which is to have 5 students a week work on the class blog that will be published every Friday from the months of October to June. There are 25 students in each 4 sections, therefore each group of 5 will write the blog every 5 weeks during the school year. Each group will get 7 times to write the class blog. They will write a blog on what we did that week in ELA (reading and writing). Here they will post pictures of published work along with reading strategies they are currently working on in class.

I will also keep a blog but from a teacher's perspective reflecting on the week and giving parents suggestions on how to help with reading at home. I will blog once a week or twice a month depending on the skills.



This calendar show a weekly look at the class blogging and teacher blogging.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Do you think that they'll enjoy blogging?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so...we don't have a tech teacher in our school so I am hopeful this will be something exciting. I am trying to think of other ways to make writing fun.

      Delete
  2. Your plan incorporates blogging into your class in a very practical manner. I think you have divided the tasks among the student groups well. The plan to include parents in the lessons will likely be very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I am hopeful this will work out and stick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blogging plan could be a lot of fun for students but also beneficial in many ways. Sharing resources and building community is a good thing. I am sure parents will also like to see how the blog will progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. I think parents will love this! They will really appreciate getting an inside look into your classroom from their student's perspective.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing your blogging plan, especially for students. How will students work together, and where will they write their draft? Will you provide feedback before they post? And, do you have any plans for incorporating photos?

    I know the parents will love this! I can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The students will use a blogging template with questions that they will answer then they will need to make it into a paragraph on a piece of paper. The will then type it into blogger and make any revisions there before they post. (Also I will check it before they post) I would love for them to post pictures of classroom work and also the group of bloggers for that week!

      Delete
  6. That's a great idea to break your students up into groups! One suggestion may be to change up the groups after one rotation. That way they get the interact and collaborate with different students each time.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging Plan

This course has opened my eyes to how I can use blogging in the classroom. I was planning on blogging with my second graders this year ...