Sunday, July 7, 2019

Introduction - Carrie Flanagan

Greetings,

     My name is Carrie Flanagan and I live with my 3 wonderful children, Allison (18), Alex (16) and Sara (15). We live in Huntingdon Valley, Pa where they all attend Lower Moreland High School. My oldest, Allison just graduated high school and will attend St. Francis University this Fall where she will play women's soccer and enter the nursing program.
     I started the Educational Technology program back in August of 2013 but took some time off in 2016 until 2018 for a life event. I started back in the Spring of 2018 and will graduate in the Fall of 2019 after taking ED TECH Portfolio.
     I have taught as a Special Education teacher for the last 7 years in a North Philadelphia Charter School. Here I've taught 3rd and 4th grade and next year I will be teaching as a 2nd grade English Language Arts General Education teacher.
     Using technology in the classroom increases focus, collaboration, kinesthetic, visual, auditory learning. I am looking forward to setting up a 2nd-grade classroom blog for the students to use to showcase what they are learning and as a communication tool for their parents.



10 comments:

  1. Welcome to EDTECH537 Carrie! I'm looking forward to this seven week journey with you.

    BTW, I have to ask... St. FX in Nova Scotia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, St. Francis in Pennsylvania

      Delete
    2. Oh well... I did a distance certificate from St. FX in Nova Scotia.

      Delete
  2. I think it's great that we can always go back to school. After all, I think most of us understand how there are situations that can get in the way of school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, everyone does understand...I've met some wonderful people during this program! So many people that want to help each other.

      Delete
    2. I hope you continue to meet wonderful people!

      Delete

Blogging Plan

This course has opened my eyes to how I can use blogging in the classroom. I was planning on blogging with my second graders this year ...